View Single Post
Old Mon Jul 11, 2011, 10:15 AM

for Polly

quite a few of us brits on here lol - i have posted a reply on another thread for you. Your counts are good and appear to be responding to cyclo on its own. Mine are just climbing now and I had atg (BUGS BUNNY) and cyclo, but hey who knows if i hadnt had the atg maybe the cyclo would have worked on it own?
It is frightening when they say there is no cure except a bmt.....but, the way I look at it, if you regain your counts and go on living a "normal" life for the next twenty odd years.....then that's good enough for me!!!
Take each day as it comes, try not to get hung up on counts, its awful when they don't budge for a while, and embrace each new day! lots and lots go on to live their lives to the full with AA so try not to get bogged down with the sadder stories, yes they are frightening, yes they can make you feel depressed, but like my consultant said..."if you are living your life to the full having had the treatment and got better would you spend your time on the internet?" So in essence, there are loads out there with a positive story to tell, some take a few months some take longer - one lady on here took 18 months to get her full counts back, but she did it. and another lady on here was diagnosed 25 years ago and is still going strong!!!! good luck, and holla if it gets you down - this is a good website to just get courage back xxx