View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 3, 2016, 07:48 PM

I'm not sure that I can add much to the excellent advice and encouragement everyone else here has given. We are all rooting for you. Going into my transplant, the statistics were that I had a 63% chance of living a year, and a 50% chance of surviving two. I am approaching the two-year mark (in July) and doing great. There were definitely a few scary bumps along the way, but I survived -- and thrived. My lab results from last week were the best I've had in years. As others have said, try to keep in shape and avoid infection. I did a good job of staying in shape, but I wasn't so vigilant about infection, and I did get a nasty one a few months after transplant. Thankfully I recovered, but nonetheless I will have to take Bactrim for the rest of my life (probably), for precautionary prophylaxis.

Hang in there. You are in my thoughts.
Marmab, F65, SAA/hypo MDS dx 7/2011. Tried ATG/CsA, IvIG, Rituxan, prednisone, Promacta -- none of these helped. Transfusion dependent until MUD BMT 7/17/14. Prep. regimen of Campath, Fludarabine & Cytoxan. Doing great. 100% engraftment. No GVHD.