Thread: So scared
View Single Post
Old Mon Jul 21, 2014, 01:20 AM

Hi KristenR,

You are not alone in your feeling of panic with this diagnosis! I remember wondering how people could go on with their normal lives when I was facing so much more. It was quite surreal.

We are all here to support you! I'd encourage you to check out the videos at this website to learn more about the disease and treatment options. Knowledge is power!

https://live.blueskybroadcast.com/bs...T=944&CAT=1031

Be sure that you are being seen at a center with lots of experience in treating Aplastic Anemia. Do not delay in having your treatment, whether BMT or IST, as it has been shown that this leads to better outcomes.

It sounds like you are young and healthy (except for this disease) which is EXCELLENT from a prognosis standpoint. Best of all, you are surrounded by people that love you and need you -> great motivators to face this disease head on and make it part of your past! You will get through this...but it does take patience. Don't be afraid to ask for help along the way.

Wishing you well!