View Single Post
Old Fri Sep 13, 2013, 09:58 AM

I'm so glad I was able to offer some help. When I first joined this forum so many people reached out to me - so I'm thrilled to now be doing the same for others.

I was even thinking about this again last night - some other important things to do might be making sure you have all the online account user names and passwords for banking, etc. - Dennis and I each had our own accounts, don't know how that ever came about - but we sat down one day and made a list of all of them which included user names and passwords so that we now each have any information we might need.

Dennis also tried to get as much done around the house as possible, he arranged for lawn mowing services and had his car inspected..those types of things.

Your hospital will probably give you a number to call during the day and evenings and weekends. I typed those numbers on labels and affixed the label to the all the phones in the house. If you have to make a call - there is no scrambling for the phone number!

Wait until you see all the medications your husband will be on! I didn't want all the bottles out on the counter so what I did was fill up the pill containers but left the actual prescription bottles in a cabinet in the kitchen. I cleaned out a bottom shelf in my kitchen cabinet which houses all the bottles and masks, sanitizers and anything else pertaining to medication. It made for more organization and easy reach. After a few weeks I cleaned out another cabinet shelf - now we have one shelf for medications he is currently taking - and another one for medications he has stopped taking. You never know when they add/stop a medication.

And definitely do a blog of some sort. You'll be amazed at how many people will want to know whats going on and you just won't have the time or the energy to keep repeating everything! Please feel free to read Dennis' blog at the link below. We've had a great response and I have really enjoyed using it.

Dennis has a tip he wanted me to pass on - when the time comes that food doesn't taste so well - sort of a metal taste - use plastic utensils - it really helps.
Kathy, wife of Dennis (58 yrs old) diagnosed October 2012 w/MDS; bone marrow biopsy confirmed significant fibrosis;blast cells of 5%-10% of total cells, high risk refractory anemia w/ excess blasts (RAEB1); 3 cytogenetic markers; +1, -7, and +21
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/dennismolyneaux

Last edited by KathyM : Fri Sep 13, 2013 at 10:00 AM. Reason: spelling