View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 14, 2016, 01:44 PM

triumphe64, thank you for the comment, I think it is a worthy discussion. I think it is important to have accurate facts in the discussion. It is very difficult to understand the numbers that Bob MacFarlane presented and I would like to know how he arrived at those numbers because they are remarkable. It seems difficult to believe that there are about 12,000 people per year diagnosed with MDS in the United States and at the same time over 20,000 Vietnam veterans are being diagnosed per year. That is not possible.

I think in the early stages some types of MDS are difficult to diagnose. In most cases I think a simple CBC often sets of alarms. It did for me. If I would not have had that CBC that led to a diagnosis my condition would have deteriorated within a very short period.

My position is that Agent Orange does cause MDS/leukemia but there are many, perhaps hundreds, of other causes of MDS/leukemia that people might be unknowingly exposed. Then it seems that there are people who seem to be affected who might not have been exposed to any causation.