View Single Post
Old Thu Sep 1, 2011, 01:35 PM

Institute of Medicine Decision End of September

Hi Jim,

I see no medical or ethical way they can deny the relationship between Agent Orange and bone marrow failure disease.

This is your government though and anything might come down in the report. They could actually ignore the issue completely. We may never know one way or the other what caused them to come to the conclusion that they will release.

Pray that the decision is based upon the facts and is not a decision that is based upon financial considerations. Or, a decision based upon their dislike of me. If they do decide for us, pray that the IOM tells the VA to stop treating our diseases as "pesky" forms of anemia.

It has been a long and wearing battle and I pray that the final decision gives you veterans the compensation that you so rightly deserve. I pray that the final decision gives widows and the families of those that did not make it to the end not only the compensation you have been denied but relief and peace knowing that your loved ones sacrifice will finally been recognized.

So many times I have read from the widows "My husband did not die in Vietnam, he died because of Vietnam" - - - that is so sad and truthful.

If we win, I personally am going to stick the report in the face of my doctor and tell her she and the other VA doctors should be ashamed for not having supported us overtly with the VA.

Win or lose, there is no way I could ever possibly adequately thank Judy Karp, David Steensma, Ruben Mesa or Mikkael Sekeres.

In my very first correspondence with Judy in 2009, she wrote back and said "If you are "tilting at windmills," then so am I -- and it is a windmill that is very much worth the effort."

David wrote in 2010 "Thank you for your history of service to our country" he was the first to wake me up to the fact that what we are dealing with is leukemia.

Ruben wrote " I respect and honor your service. I think its a travesty you are being given such a run-around."

Mikkael has written directly to Secretary Shinseki for me, as have the others.

There is Sherry Klumpp, DVM, from MD Anderson that has no dog in the fight. Sherry has been there to give me swift pickup anytime I need it. Sherry is in her own war with MDS.

Special thanks to the several hundred veterans and widows that have somehow managed to put up with the ranting and raving of this maniac through the years. Some of you going back as far as 2004.

We have run the race, we have fought the good fight and we have kept the faith - - - it is now time for the IOM and this nation to be faithful to our honorable service.

Love and great respect to all of you,

Bob

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Monday, August 29, 2011 1:49 PM
To: 'jet1xx@windstream.net'
Subject: RE: agent orange

Yes, its release is planned for the end of September.

Mary Burr Paxton, PhD, DABT
Senior Program Officer
Board on the Health of Select Populations
Institute of Medicine
Keck 871, 500 Fifth St., NW
Washington, DC 20001
(202) 334-1731
fax: (202) 334-2939

Sent: Monday, August 29, 2011 9:37 AM
To: IOMWWW
Subject: agent orange

Is there going to be a bi-annual Agent Orange report this year?

Thanks

Jim Terpay