View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 7, 2012, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg H View Post
As I understand it, Vidaza and Dacogen both work in pretty much the same way. They are both "hypomethylating agents," which means they affect important processes at the level of DNA. I'd like to be more specific than that, but the point in Biology 201 where you start understanding the inner workings of DNA is about the point that I decided to major in Religion.
I'm wondering whether I can infer from this that if my hubby was unable to tolerate the Vidaza he will likely have the same reaction to the Dacogen? No one is suggesting the Dacogen . . . yet, anyway . . . but I imagine we will get to that point sooner or later so I'm thinking ahead.

I quit on Biology in 8th or 9th grade when we had to disect frogs . . . now I feel like I'm getting a crash course.

Thanks
hubby 73, dx NHL 2001, CNS involvement. SCT (auto) 5/08 [dx UTUC renal pelvis, 2010/surgeries/MMC], MANY recurrences, chemos, surgeries, rad. dx t-MDS 3/11: IPSS 1.5 (Int-2); MDA 11, RCMD trilineage, inc. Fe, ring sideroblasts, 7q del/mono 7 (51.5%), 46,XY,t(6,17)(p22;q25)[4]/45,XY,-7[4]/46,XY[12].