View Single Post
Old Sat Feb 7, 2015, 02:07 PM

My father is on Dacogen

Hi there my father is on dacogen for his MDS, MPN he also has non Hodgkin's Lymphoma.
He has responding pretty well. Right now he gets blood transfusions about 3-4 units once a month.
His blood counts start to go down on the 14 day but they sometimes are still dropping on the 21st day and he needs blood.his counts rarely go up on there own, which we thought they would. He has had hemolytic anemia( an auto immuno disorder causing his on RBC to burst.(they treated him with high dose prednisone.
This last chemo however his counts dropped on day 8( doctors drew blood to see if he has hemolytic anemia. He probably will need a few transfusions.
My father is 78. His Hgb hangs out around 9.5 and usually drops to 7.6. He always feels weak and very tired, and he is also anemic too RBC around 2.95 sometimes after blood they may go up to 3.35.
I hope this helps.
Mary Schmitz