View Single Post
Old Fri Mar 6, 2009, 09:09 PM

Thumbs up More Vidaza Vs Transplant

This has been an amazing week, Had all of my pre-tests Monday. Set the date April 3rd. Day -8. April 10th will still be my transplant day. Had a tour of the Transplant wing and I was pleasantly surprised that there were only 6 rooms. You can go anywhere you like with-in that wing as long as you don't have an infection. The whole area is filtered. The rooms are large and there are lots of windows. It has a good feel. I was really caught off guard when my 2nd BMB came back with 2% blasts and no detectable blasts on the cytometric flow. I was blown away, I have had 4 rounds of vidaza. My doctor said that I was basically in total remission. He said that I was at an optimal time for a transplant. the only problem is I felt that nudge of wondering if I need the transplant again..Don't worry I'm doing it! I will start a new thread in transplants when the time comes and give you as much information as I am able to!
Vera, 56 yo female Dx RAEB II 10-08, 11-12% blasts. Normal chromosomes. Started Vidaza 10-08. . Improved Dx 3-09 MDS RA 2% blasts 8 cycles Vidaza! SCT transplant 7-1-09 at UCSF. Normal bone marrow and MDS free as of 10-09