Thread: Blood film
View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 14, 2017, 05:17 PM

I’ve made the mistake of Googling the results.

I’ve been told my BMB (done a year or so ago) showed some dysplasia but not enough for a diagnosis of MDS. I also had a chromosome deletion but it wasn’t one usually associated with MDS. But now that I’ve seen the blood film report and I have these new changes I’m wondering if my disease is changing or progressing.

The nrbcs and the large and giant platelets seem to be an indicator of MDS or malignancy. The red cell fragments and raised liver function tests can show haemolysis.

I feel a little disappointed that my Doctor doesn’t seem to have even looked at my results in detail for the last few months. The only result he ever mentioned was the Hb and the neuts (when they were a lot lower). I have no follow up appts with the haematologist scheduled and the Physician doesn’t seem to want to address any issues other than the anaemia and blood transfusions.

Would it be appropriate for me to try to contact the haemotologist and ask him to review and explain my test results? Or am I being overly concerned about nothing much?

I would appreciate some advice.

Carol