View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 18, 2009, 08:13 AM

In general, I can sort of feel when the HGB is dropping, but only after a few days. My pulse increases and my heart used to pound and I had heart palpitations. The olmesartan really helps those symptoms. I've had no palpitations on it, and very little pounding.

I usually expect my HGB to drop about 10 points a week so I'm prepared for transfusions every 2 weeks. Sometimes I have bigger drops, which always surprise me because I am out doing stuff like running around with my dog at agility and riding my horse. Yes I feel fatigued, or dizzy if I bend over, so I just try to take it slow, but I seem to be able to keep up with stuff I want to do if I take it slow.

Last year before treatment I was a complete couch potato - the only thing I could do was play guitar hero. I was tired and irritable. When I was on cyclosporin, even though my counts stabilized, I had no energy and was still really tired all the time.

I am trying to give this new treatment a good 6 months. I spent 7 months on cyclo. I'm really hoping it works. Apart from the anemia I do feel better overall, but obviously the transfusions are frustrating.