View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 2, 2015, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlene View Post
Kamara,

It's important to know how your aplastic anemia is classified. If it's not severe, then they may not proceed with a transplant. Just because your HGB did not hold after your last transfusion doesn't mean you're not making red cells. I know it sounds weird but it can take a while for it to catch up. They should evaluate your WBC, reticulocyte count as well. They should also check to make sure your EPO levels are at or above 500.

It's good to prepare for a BMT and that you have a match but be sure to get a definitive diagnosis of the stage of your AA. This can matter for insurance purposes too.

It's also good to get a hold of all your test results. Track your CBC's to watch for trends. Keep a record of all your baseline tests from your initial work up. Having a baseline of your chem panel, iron and ferritin as well as B12, folate, copper, zinc and vitamin D levels were. All the genetic testing as well as testing for PHN clone.

Go back and pull it all together so you or any other doctor will have the complete picture. It's good to have if you decide to go for a second opinion also.
Thanks Marlene im looking into those counts now. I have alot of my results i just dont know what any of the numbers mean.

My WBC usually runs around 3.8. The PNH panel and reticulocyte counts are hard to read...At the beginning before AA diagnosis doctors thought i had b12 deficiencey And i received a b12 shot for 7 days. so that actually made that number pretty high at one point. I wish i could attach a copy of my results.
But what i will do is have my doctor go over these things with me so i can have a better understanding. i had so much information thrown at me at once it was hard to retain.
But i did have alot of testing done. And all 3 drs i seen agree that i indeed have SAA.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2015-10-02-15-41-10 [68228].jpg (76.9 KB, 16 views)