View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 14, 2009, 12:54 PM

Up again, Down again

Thanks Ruth and Birgitta for you comments.

Nellie was to begin her ninth cycle of Vidaza but had to postpone it a week due to sudden drop of CBCs. Since two weeks ago RBC down from 10.1 to 8.8, WBC from 8.8 to 3.2 and plts 96 to 90. Nelly fell and brused a rib and mashed her left knee last Friday. Xrays taken, looks like no brakes. Running fever of 100.5 today which is causing some worry.

Just when we thought things were climbing steadly. Well nepugen and procrite today. Hoping to bring counts up in order to continue Vidaza. Scheduled to check CBC next Weds and if good, back to chemo. Well hope this is the begining of a better year. Glad I have someplace to vent where I am understood. I'll keep you posted.

Hey Manny, sorry for your loss and thanks for sharing. Keep your head up, your a good man.

Eli
Eli, husband of Nellie (64), dx 3/08 MDS RAEB-1 w/abs, 2nd BMB 9/08 after 4 cyls blast dn to .5, Vidaza reduced 50% on 11/19 after sudden drop in CBC, 8th cycle completed 12/26/08. BMB 2/09 blast 17%. Seven day Induction Therapy completed 3/23/09, Started Salvage Therapy 5/5/09. Stopped 5/8/09.