View Single Post
Old Sat Nov 23, 2013, 07:37 PM

Alyse, I too am very sorry to hear your latest news, and hope for the best for you. In particular, your question about whether or not transplant is the right option really resonates with me, as I have been struggling with the same issue for well over a year. A donor is being sought for me right now -- I finally did give the doctors the go-ahead -- but I am still very conflicted. Unfortunately my story is complicated (as are all MDS and AA cases!), and too lengthy to go into here, so I'm wondering if you would mind if I PM you. In short, I am completely healthy too (except for my poorly functioning bone marrow) so I struggle mightily with the question of whether to continue supportive care (PLT tx, Neupogen) or go for transplant. Are you are willing to discuss this with me further? Thanks so much.
Marmab, F65, SAA/hypo MDS dx 7/2011. Tried ATG/CsA, IvIG, Rituxan, prednisone, Promacta -- none of these helped. Transfusion dependent until MUD BMT 7/17/14. Prep. regimen of Campath, Fludarabine & Cytoxan. Doing great. 100% engraftment. No GVHD.