View Single Post
Old Sun May 8, 2016, 08:26 AM

Hi Neil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Cuadra View Post
Wow, Mike! You've been at this a long time! Not that you had a choice.

Have you had to deal with side effects (headaches, rashes, or anything else) from such regular use of Aranesp?

Are they keeping a watch out for matches for you in the international bone marrow registries? Things could have changed since you first looked. Would you still consider a transplant if you got an ideal match?
Hi Neil
I have had reaction to the Aranesp. At one time I was concerned because of minor pain in my kidneys though that has gone away after switching out one proton pump inhibitor Previcid (long time use) for another (ranitidine). I have been on the Aranesp for well over 10 yrs. So far so good. I have not had a BMB in over 6 yrs. and have no idea how my marrow looks at this time. I may consider this option in the future once the downward slide begins to occur. Right now my Doc, says I have no expiration date so I am living as normal a life as possible. Latest count was hct 34 pl. 180 White cells 9.2

Last edited by Mikey D : Fri May 13, 2016 at 10:31 AM.