View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 29, 2011, 10:29 PM

Hi Ken. Your situation sounds very similar to mine. I had horse ATG in July and am still transfusion dependent. I get platelets every 7-10 days and blood about every 3 weeks. My ANC has slowly come up from as low as 0.2 to just recently as high as 1.3 (but back down this week to 0.8). Same with my WBC which averages around 1.5.
I also do not have a matched donor and am considering repeating the ATG with rabbit this time. My Dr also mentioned possibly adding a growth factor this time around, he saw it had success in a clinical study. I'm planning on re-treating after the holidays, and if after 6 months or so if that doesn't work I'm considering going to NIH (in Maryland) to be a part of a clinical trial. I'm chosing that over an unrelated donor because research shows that while a BMT is the only cure, it shortens a patients' life span. I decided I would rather aim for "remission" than a cure. There is a good website, clinicaltrials.gov.
I hope you find this somewhat helpful, at least to know some one is going through the same struggle.