View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 30, 2009, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim2007 View Post
I was treated in november of 07 with atg (horse) and things have been really good for the most part since. It took about a year for them to get me off the cyclosporine and my counts to move up but my counts have been in the normal range except for my red blood which was always a little bit low. The only thing that I have noticed is that since the treatment I have had horrible problems with my skin that I never had before. I was allergic to the atg and they had to give it to me at a slower pace over ten days instead of four because I broke out in hives. I just figured for a while that maybe that was the cause. Has anyone else had problems with their skin since being treated with atg? Basically I am getting what I guess are boils constantly. They take forever to go away. I have an appointment with a dermatologist to see if they can do anything about it. I went in and had one surgically removed already. I was just wondering if anyone else has had these problems since treatment and if so if you have any tips for me on how to deal with it. Thank you so much for your help.
When my platelets go down I get what look like large blood filled boils at areas where my clothes are tighter, ie: at the waist band or top of the leg. They are painful and take forever to go away. Because my platelets have been dropping again, I have gotten some again. When my platelets are good I don't seem to get them..

JEZ
JEZ, 50s, diagnosed AA Dec 2006, ATG one time, serum sickness resolved / took cyclosporine (Neoral) with delayed response but now with good labs/ recent kidney toxicity, so off of cyclosporine now and trying generic Imuran