View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 28, 2011, 06:49 PM

Just had a new cbc and cmp done and now have to go back to hematologist not only because of suggestions by endocrinologist but because while my sister was recovering from open heart surgery there were some complications that resulted in knowledge of some genetic issues. Something called Factor 2 and Factor 5 were both mutated and her hematologist suggested that with my low platelets I should get it checked.....never heard of these before so...

CBC:
MCH slightly above normal (which it has been at or just above normal for years but never have heard anything to it meaning anything)

Platelets are back down to 72 (this lab cbc didn't include mpv though)

Lymphocyte % was a few points high (counts are always normal other than when in hospital but except when in the hospital my percentage are almost always high).

Globulin slightly low (this is usual that it is either the low number or a tad below again no comments ever been made).

A/G Ratio is high (again this is usual result for me)

AST back up to 54 (maybe metformin but then I have had off/on high levels for years just not this high in awhile)
ALT back up to 83 (highest its been since Feb 2005 which was a spike up from average - which is still elevated).

Triglycerides are now up at 314 and HDL is only 38 (other Cholesterol levels are very normal and good).

A1c is down to 5.7 from the 6.1 it was back in July which is great.

I will be talking to the hematologist (on request of endocrinologist) about doing iron levels since the BMB showed depleted and/or decreased (different parts of BMB) for Iron and checking to see if the b12 shots are helping and what that level is now.
Plus will be talking about those Factors.
No clue why platelets are back a tad lower but then I also do not know a lot of other things either.