Thread: a few questions
View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 6, 2013, 01:38 AM

Hi Ellen,

I am so sorry to hear you are having this repeat of your bad headaches. I have struggled with headaches through this process, but not like the ones you are having and not with facial numbness and vision issues.

I think it sounds like a good idea to get Dr. Nash's opinion. I know little about this, but a Google search just now on 'autoimmune headaches' produced many hits. Especially about a condition called 'Vasculitis' related to blood vessel inflammation. It looks like it can be treated with steroids or immune suppressants, so maybe there could be a relation to the cyclosporine taper.

I hope you can get some sleep tonight, but based on your symptoms I think if it isn't any better in the morning you should go to the emergency room at Kaiser if another doctor won't see you right away.

Kevin
Kevin, male age 45; dx SAA 02/2012 - Hgb 5.8, platelets 14, ANC 200, 1% cellularity. Received ATG 03/2012. As of 03/2015, significant improvement - Hgb 15, platelets 158, ANC fluctuates around 1000, Lymphocytes 620. Tapering cyclosporine. BMB 20-30% cellularity.