Thread: Webinars ?
View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 5, 2011, 06:00 PM

Webinar on 19.1.2011 also in Vienna

Would it be ok to broadcast this webinar also in Vienna,Austria. A friend of mine has got a "videobridge"- studio and would open it for this purpose. At home i dont have sound on my laptop actually and so for my it is advanteous to go to my friends studio.

would it be also ok to invite some friends? Posting invitations in hospital ambulancies with mds - patients?

In Austria there does not yet exist a MDs-patients-support/self help group. The self-help organisation under www.myelom.at has started now with a program also for MDS Patients. This is a relatively big Austrian Support Organisation for Patients with Lymphoma and multiple Myelomas. There are almost no people in the small online forum of myeloma.at, which would not be able to provide much communication for new MDS patients joining the club. Ther have some really good events in every year, hematologists as contact persons and and peer-consultors, and a journal.

I talked recently with Elfi Jirsa, the Vicepresident of this club, also residing in Vienna like me, and she asked me, if i would help to build up some MDS patients-ressources in the frame of their club, as there is no another MDS experienced patient actually in this club. So i thought that it could be helpful to invite to a small meeting, watching together to the webinar on 19.1.2011.

My voluntary work in this organization is not yet fixed, but anyway i want to do something, making contacts with mds patients. There is already a nice german speaking internet-forum (lil) which can be offered to these patients - and of cause i could tell them about marrowforums.org if they are able to write and read in English. Although no regulary mdS organisation exists actually in Vienne, and will only develop in the next years..

I could make the invitation to this meeting privately, or by mentioning AA-MDS International Foundation in the invitation pinned up on the walls of ambulances (we have got four in Vienna, and people come also from lower Austria and Burgenland, MDS mostly elderly people, i guess..

So, who could tell me if this is ok what i do?

Anyway i can organize a very private event also, without mentioning AA MDS International Foundation..

Who can tell me?

Kind regards,

Margarete