View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 12, 2013, 10:44 PM

Thumbs up Happy I found this Forum site

My husband was diagnosed with MDS in May. It is a whirlwind trying to get information and make the best possible decisions. We started in Buffalo, NY(summer home) and immediately came back to Florida area where our permanent home is (Leesburg,Fl). We first went right to MD Anderson in Orlando, but found out they do not do BMT there. At this time I did research and after getting as much information as possible we made an appointment at Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa.
He has been on Vidaza since June 24, 2013. On Aug 28th,2013 we had wonderful news that he had gone into complete remission. His report today was the same. All of his blood counts are normal and I thank God for this too happen so quickly.
We have an appointment Dec.4th at Moffitt for another Bone Marrow Biopsy and to move forward for BMT after the first of the year and a donor can be found.
It is totally his decision to move forward with the transplant...I am scared and pray for the strength to be positive for his sake.
He had 2 blood transfusion in the first two months and a unit of platlets.
June ------------- ---- --------------- today
PLT------------ 32 ------------------------- 234
WBC----------- 1.9 ----------------------- 6.0
HGB----------- 8.1 ------------------------ 15.3
Kathy,wife of 69 year old male with DX June 2013 with MDS= RAEB 2refractory with Extra Blast Very High Risk WBC 1.9-RBC 2.29-HGB 8.1-PLT 32-, as of Aug 2013:. BMB 12/4/13= WBC 5.57/RBC 4.86/HGB 15.5/HCT 42.8/RDW 49.6/PLT 188. 3% blast.BMB 4/11/14 WBC1.6,PLT12,RBC2.6,HGB9.2