View Single Post
Old Thu Jul 20, 2023, 09:44 AM

Promacta

Sally C,

Wow, sounds like a great response to Promacta! I'm happy for you and your husband!

In my case, according to the doctor, my numbers are low, but they are really too high to justify prescribing Promacta at the moment. And it can be quite expensive, as I understand it -- even if insurance covers a good part of the expense, the remaining part can be hefty.

Also, there are some risks -- although apparently more and more manageable -- to the liver, etc. So, in my case, while I would love to boost my counts up to a "normal range," it might not be the best course to go with Promacta at this point.

However, it sounds like to me, the technology around Promacta is improving quickly. Hopefully in a few years, Promacta (or something even better) will be readily available and effective for AA and MDS patients everywhere! Sounds promising!

Thanks for your reply -- quite amazing!

Last edited by David M : Fri Jul 21, 2023 at 08:35 AM.