View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 6, 2012, 09:33 PM

Thank you everyone for your responses, it is nice to know that i am not the only one going through this and that it is common that it is hard to diagnose. This website is awesome, it has definitely helped my mom and I look for some answers. Sorry I haven't replied recently, I have been feeling a little under the weather.
On my very first visit to the hematologist, the Doctor put me on prednizone which I have been on since the beginning of September, when I was transferred over to Stanford, they also put me on cyclosporine. They are trying to find the right dose of Cyclosporine for me while tapering off prednizone, I am currently on 12.5mg.
I did my weekly blood test and my counts are still in the 40s.. my platelets were at a 42 this week. I started my period this week and was super fatigued and thought that my red blood counts would go down, but surprisingly they were normal.
The meds have helped me, they keep my red and white counts in a normal range but my platelets are still lower then normal.
I cannot wait to get off prednizone, the side effects are horrible, moon face, weight gain, hair growth... all sucks, but happy it will go away as soon as I get off the meds. I think I have done a pretty good job of maintaining my weight gain, (13 pounds in 5 months) BUT I cannot wait for the moon face to go away!!!!!
This friday is my monthy meeting with the doc, I will keep everyone posted.

Thanks again for the support