View Single Post
Old Mon May 4, 2015, 05:44 PM

Thank you Sally.

I just had my appointment concerning relapse after SCT and future plans. The good news is that the first cycle of Vidaza and Sprycel really affected my blast count. My blast count at relapse and just before Vidaza and Sprycel was at 33 percent. Following the first cycle the blast count had dropped to 5-10 percent. We will continue with another cycle of Vidaza and Sprycel and then do my 13th BMB. My doctor was very encouraged (as was I) with the rapid response of the Vidaza combination. She is still leaning toward getting the blast count down further and then doing the Flag-Ida chemo followed by a DLI. She is still talking that a "cure" is still in the cards. I just have trouble getting excited over 30 days in the hospital with Flag-Ida chemo.

I did just find a Phase I trial that is doing 2 cycles of Vidaza followed by a DLI then repeating for cycles 3-4 and then repeating a DLI after cycles 5-6. It is interesting that after all these years with Vidaza no one has developed a good plan that generally works. It is good that they keep trying.