View Single Post
Old Wed May 6, 2015, 02:55 PM

Bailie,

my vidaza cycle had a general pattern of the week of infusions numbers were stable, second week started to decline, third week hit the bottom, week before treatment started coming back up. I would hit the high point on about the third day of treatment.

My platelets and white blood cells took a beating - example would be that my platelets generally hit about 120k at the high point, and then would drop to between 30k and 50k, white blood counts would go down as much as 90% from normal range down to fully neutropenic - low point of .4. They counts always recovered and were generally stronger after each cycle.

Interestingly, HGB would only go from 10.5 or 11 down to 9.5 or so. We are all of course different, but this is what happened with all of the cycles I took post transplant.
MDS RCMD w/grade 2-3 fibrosis. Allo-MUD Feb 26, 2014. Relapsed August 2014. Free and clear of MDS since November 2014 after treatment with Vidaza and Rituxan. Experiencing autoimmune attack on CNS thought to be GVHD, some gut, skin and ocular cGVHD. Neuropathy over 80% of body.