View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 9, 2010, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akita View Post
Hi S001,

to measure the improvements and to compare it would be necessary to have some more datas:

1) How much of the juice does your father drink?
In the abovementioned Study on MDS 2009 they took 5g leaves 2-3 times daily

2) How often (Study?) 2-3times juice daily

3) How old are the leaves when harvested? Optimum (Study) would be no more than 8 days, not less than 5 days.

4) Wheat Grass juice was taken for at least 6 months.

5) Do you notice the dates, when your father received transfusion?
6) Do you notice the quantity of blood transfused?
7) Ferritin levels/Ferritin Saturation - which date which levels?
8) Is Iron Chelation planned?

Oh, thats perhaps too much.. ?

---

As i read wheatgrass has an long tradition in India and supposedly there must exist much experience with it.

For your parents the best wishes!

Regards

Margarete
Yes, we'r keeping a tab on all that you mentioned. Specifically -

1) and 2) My father is drinking exactly as they did in the study. 30 ml of juice, 3 times per day.

3) The leaves are 7-8 days old when harvested, not more, not less.

4) We just started the wheat grass juice a week ago. My father had taken the drink regularly for 1.5 months back in July-August. He was doing better that time, than he is right now (Transfusions were 3 weeks apart, while now it is 2 weeks apart). Now whether this was just the wheat grass juice, or other factors, we'r not sure.

In any case, after reading the study that you'd posted (and yes, thank you for it), we plan to continue the wheat grass juice for atleast 6 months, in the hope of seeing some improvements.

5) and 6) Yes, keeping track of both of these.

7) A ferritin test around 3 weeks back showed ferritin levels of 2,000. We will be comparing future ferritin levels with this to check for any changes.

8) So far, my dad's ECG and liver function tests are all normal, so doctors haven't planned iron chelation as such. If and when the need arises, we'd have to go for it, I guess.

No, not too much at all when you'r dealing with blood/bone marrow issues. And the wheat grass juice retailer that I spoke to in India, said that he had customers who were blood cancer patients taking around 2-3 glasses of the juice everyday. I guess if they'r continuing taking the wheat grass juice for a few months or so, it must be working or atleast beneficial? I'm not sure.

Anyhow, will let you know if lab tests reveal any changes. Take care too.