Thread: ATG
View Single Post
Old Sat Jul 28, 2007, 10:23 PM

I have had ATG on two seperate occassions. Both of my experiences at the hospital went very smoothly. I had a moment of leg pain that lasted for a few hours which they were able to treat with pain medications. I also had hot flashes which were a result of all the steriods not the ATG. The treatment honestly wasn't very bad. I did have serum sickness on both occassions but it occured after the treatment when they began to take me off of the steriods. This was very painful, but it went away as soon as my doctors increased my steriods. This was also treatable with pain medications and it did not last more than a few days. Each time I have had ATG my counts did go down at first, but not for long, and after I got over the treatment I went over 2 years without transfussions. This is my experience, but like you said each person will react differently!