View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 19, 2013, 10:23 AM

Thanks for the responses. We will be careful traveling. ANC 1.1 which is still a pretty good number (I think). We are traveling self contained (no airlines!) and will be extremely careful. We will get blood tests along the way to check and keep an eye on the whites. We chose for the moment not to take Neupogen for the moment and the doctor agrees for now.

His iron levels are coming down - not sure why, but we are glad they are. Will give the wheatgrass juice a try. Thanks for the tip regarding the connection between HGB and iron. I had never heard that before.

Both of us have been caregivers for cancer patients and have seen the effects of being over medicated, so we tend to not take meds unless absolutely necessary.

What is MDS interim 1? I can't seem to keep all the terms straight - there are so many! Deb
Husband 69 dx MDS/RARS 4/2012,Arenasp 2013; dx RAEB-1 5% Blasts - transfusions, Vidaza - BMB 12/2013 35% blasts - dx AML M6b (Pure Erythroleukemia) - Induction/Consolidate complete Aug 2014 - BMB 5%; Not accepted for BMT ; New BMB 18% Blasts with dropping whites and platelets avg HGB 9