Thread: New to Forum
View Single Post
Old Sat Mar 21, 2009, 07:35 PM

Support

Hi Josie 63: What a shock to go 49 yrs. and end up with MDS. There just seems to be an infinite variety of MDS and I am sure no expert. I am sure there is a good reason not to start you on one of the new drugs. However, if you are looking for a second opinion you could try Oregon Cancer Center, Oregon Health & Science University in Portland which is 83 miles from Corvallis. They are rated as an MDS Center of Excellence. My wife has been with me every step and every visit, treatment, bad day, etc. since the beginning. I am humbled by her devotion. Depression. I began seeing a pyschologist in about the third month, in the fifth month we had a devastating family tragedy. I saw her(psy) on a regular basis for about a year. It helps to have an outside party to talk to. I try and evaluate how much good this did me and I know it was some help but the main thing I come back to is the fact she had great legs. Oh well at my age we are allowed to wander. This forum is a great place to get ideas and converse with people with the same problems. Hold firm, ask questions without end and don't take easy answers. Get the information you deserve.