Thread: mds
View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 22, 2008, 09:49 PM

Celebrating Springtime!

Hi Eileen,
That's good news about the Vidaza. I'm still waiting for the results of my last bone marrow biopsy. I'm doing well, thanks, and I hope you are too. I go to the doc tomorrow for another shot of aranesp and some bloodwork. I don't know if it's the spring-time weather or the increase in aranesp shots, but I've been able to return to a more vigorous exercise program which means doing some form of exercise every day. For several months I had been too tired to exercise more than 2 or 3 times/week. I love to run and swim and I feel really good about getting out there and working up a sweat like I used to. So, I'm celebrating about that. By the end of the day, though, I still feel pretty worn out. Please keep me posted about how you are doing as you're in my thoughts.
Kathy
Kathy, 47, diagnosed with MDS IPSS Intermediate Risk, Refractory Anemia and Thrombocytopenia both secondary to MDS. 8/06-treatments include 14 shots Vidaza monthly, aeranesp, neulasta when needed also have polycystic kidney disease