View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 18, 2008, 01:44 AM

AA and Aranesp

Hello ccartbmw,
I know how you must feel about the turn around with AA remission. It happened to me also. A long time ago. So when I had gone out of remission, I was once again treated, only ATG the first time and ALG the second time. My Dr. advised Procrit. And I used it for a couple of years. Then he put me on Aransep, as you don't need injections as often. I was on it for about 5 years with absolutely NO side effects. It worked very well for me. My HBG went up and I didn't need anymore transfusions!
I have read where some other people have had side effects from Aransep, but I think it works well for most. It is something to think about, if it were me, I would try it, but I was in pretty bad shape, so was willing to try almost anything. Just keep in mind that if you do try it, it might take a couple of months to start working. Having red blood cells that are too low is not good and has its own bad effects. Transfusions have side effects also. Which ever you decide to choose, I do wish you the best. Hang in there, hopefully the Aranesp will really help.
Connie