View Single Post
Old Fri May 11, 2012, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatherineJ View Post
When it comes down to it, I would ask if the specific diagnosis makes a difference with regards to your treatment and the decision to have an SCT. My hematologist explained to me that treatment for AA and MDS are basically the same as you can have either ATG or an SCT.
Catherine,
I think this is the biggest difference that my doctors have-my local hematologists doesn't feel that a specific diagnosis makes a difference in the long run, but the doctor at Vandy does.
I really do have confidence in both doctors, just in different ways......it's just that one has known me forever and gets the big picture, while the other is just getting to know me.
I think I just have to have patience, but as you know that is hard to do. I had a good heart to heart talk with my local hematologist a few days ago and she said we are just going to take things a few months at a time.
The hardest part is knowing that the bone marrow damage was caused by the cytoxan that was given to me for my other blood disorder and even if I have the BMT, it will do nothing to help my original blood disorder.
What a crazy cycle.......

Thanks for your input. It really does help to hear what others are going through.

~C