View Single Post
Old Fri May 11, 2012, 06:24 AM

Thanks, Betty! I was curious and just had a read through your tips.

Wow, your husband's hospital experience was VERY different to mine - in a lot of respects, I could say the exact opposite of what you've listed! It might be worth stressing that hospitals vary a LOT in their transplant procedures, and that your tips may not apply elsewhere. The biggest is that I've never heard of non-patients being allowed to stay in the same room as the transplantee. I can't imagine that, it just makes me germ-crazy just thinking about it! Also, I love my husband dearly, but I think I'd kill him if I were trapped in the same room as him for 5 weeks, 24/7!

(I think the funniest thing going through my mind is "Wow, they provide razors put they won't let you put posters up?? What a strange place!" )
36/F - 1984 SAA treated with ATG [complete remission until] Oct 08 - burst blood vessels in eyes and low platelets; Jan 09 - AA & hypo-MDS; July 09 - BMT (RIC MUD PSCT) July 10 - 10k for Anthony Nolan (1yr post BMT! 53:48) Sep 10 - Wedding! I've run 5 marathons now!! (PB 3:30!)

Last edited by squirrellypoo : Fri May 11, 2012 at 06:25 AM. Reason: added more