Thread: treatment plan?
View Single Post
Old Mon Jul 25, 2016, 06:03 AM

Hi Neil - The treatment plan was based just one one blood test and the previous biopsy - also in part, on the return of skin nodules that I used to get prior to the transplant - Its preliminary at this point - but they started seeking insurance approval and trying to find out if the donor is available for a DLI.

I had another BMB last week and I expect to get results this week - and I'll be having a new blood test tomorrow - they also biopsied the skin nodules. We won't start doing anything - other than lowering immune suppressing drugs - until we get a little more information. I'll let you know what the new biopsies and blood work shows - Based on those results, its possible we come up with a different plan or maybe not do anything at all. It'd be nice if I just ended up getting off immune suppressants more quickly than previously planned!

We'd discussed using AZA as a maintenance therapy all along, so I'm wondering if that might be a good idea even if the blood tests are better and the BMB is no worse. Any thoughts in that regard? Otherwise I'll let you know what happens when I get the test results.

Thanks
Paul
Lower risk MDS diagnosed 2012. Recurring skin nodules treated with prednisone, otherwise watch and wait. HG dropped from 11.5 to 8.7. Kept going down to 5. Vidaza didn't work. BMT from MUD on September 10 2015