Thread: treatment plan?
View Single Post
Old Mon Jul 25, 2016, 10:14 PM

Paul, in my case I relapsed with a genetic mutation (the translocation of the number 9 and 22 chromosome) that I didn't have before transplant. Almost everyone with CML has that 9;22 translocation (the "Philadelphia chromosome") except I have the very rare AML and Philadelphia chromosome. They started me with Vidaza and a chemo called dasatinib (Sprycel) which directly targets the 9;22. The Vidaza was mainly just to ward off anything else from happening that they didn't know about. My blast count was high (33 percent) at relapse. The Vidaza brought that down to less than 1 percent in the first two cycles. They immediately took me off the tacrolimus. My doctors don't know what to make of it. The prognosis is "very,very poor" for what I have.

I am doing fine and most people wouldn't know I have AML. I am still golfing 18 holes once a week and in about 10 days will be driving cross country with my daughter. That will be somewhat difficult since she has three large dogs and a cat.