Thread: Day 110
View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 6, 2009, 08:48 PM

Day 110

Things here are going good. My day 100 BMB showed my cellularity had dropped to only 5 percent (from 30 at my previous one post transplant). My counts had also plummeted down for awhile. So needless to say we were worried that we would have to do a stem cell boast as my bone marrow showed 95 percent donor and my blood showed 100 percent donor. Thank goodness my counts are starting to rebound (although my last set was a little lower)...so we are cautiously optimistic that things will improve. They are weaning me off the Prograf in order to see if that was suppressing my marrow from producing cells too. I get my labs again tomorrow and pray they are higher or at the very least the same! I also meet with my dr so we will see what he says. The biggest things for me is they can't keep my Magnesium up. I get 4 grams iv every day and it is always low every day regardless. The doctor states as I get off the Prograf it will get better but have yet to see that. I also have burning in my feet that was being controlled by Lyrica but for some reason it has come back so now I am using a topical cream in addition to the Lyrica. I still take the Budesonide for gut GVHD but have no symptoms of it. Also I have Bursitis in my shoulder that is painful but because my platelets are so low (from the drop) they can't really do anything about it except pain medications. The doctor says as soon as the platelets come up I will get a steroid injection. I really honestly can't complain and just can't believe that I had a transplant a little over 100 days ago.

Last edited by Laura : Tue Oct 6, 2009 at 10:17 PM.