View Single Post
Old Sat Nov 19, 2011, 01:18 PM

Vidaza 3rd round-any suggestions

Hi All,

After 3 weekly postponements of my 3rd round of vidaza, due to low numbers: white 1.7; red 8.7 and platelets between 7-13, and then getting pneumonia, I am ready to start again on Monday. I will have shots Mon, Tues, Wed, Then following Monday, Tues, Wed, Thurs followed by a shot of Neulasta. My transplant will not take place in December, but more likely in January, if all matches and donor contines to offer her marrow/stem cells. Its an 8:8 match, but my team assures me this is fine.

My question is: is there anything I can do to boost my numbers and anything I can do to make my Vidaza treatments, receptive and not so reactionary to my body. (I did read a suggestion for Primrose Oil capsules, to open and put on inflamations) Marlene was that you?. Foods?, alternative treatments?

I have had a couple of melt downs in the last few weeks, and am refocusing on mindfulness, focusing on this day only, and observing my breathing. I have also started to wear hand weights for a few times a day to build up some of the muscle, I am losing. When I get my breath back, I hope to go for a walk and get on the recombent(sp) bike.

Thanks,

Donna j.
f68 MDS; abmt 1/12. ABO mismatch 11 mos. (70) transf. Ferr 3-5k. 8 phlebot. AGVHD to CGVHD. skin,eyes. lungs as of 10/13. muscle weakness &osteo long term steroids.photopheresis 2x wk as of 3-15.pred 20 eod,acyclovir, mepron, voriconazole, pantropazole, lisinopril, montelukast, anoro, azithromycin.