View Single Post
Old Sun Nov 27, 2011, 06:36 PM

Thumbs up

I'm now 79, have had MDS since 2003. I don't think about it to much, worrying won't change anything. I know it's hard having the threat of cancer hanging over your head. I did a lot of worrying early on, but then I realized all I was doing was causing my self a lot of grief. I don't pay attention to any of my labs except for the Crt and the Ferritin levels. I get blood ever 2 weeks and the Crt leve determines whether I get 2 or 3 units. My Ferritin level floats between 2800 and 3000. I will admit that I am concerned with the Ferritin level, due to my heart condition. I have had 273 units of blood. I inject 40,000 ML of Procrit once a week, I take 500 MG of EXJADE daily ro get rid of the iron overload. I know it is difficult, but come to terms with it, the only thing you can do, is make sure your doctor is the right one for you, take your medication and hope. Please don't let it become the 500 pound Gorilla in your life. I think that the best advice I can give you, is enjoy today, don't put anything off untill tomorrow ,do it today. Good luck I hope every thing works out for you, stay positive.