View Single Post
Old Sat Apr 26, 2008, 02:54 AM

Ruth;

Hi;
Its been awhile since I have logged on. Its not been a easy couple weeks..
Randy thought he would give, Revlimid another go.. Well after 2 weeks.. He had a heart attact.. His pulse dropped to 51.. Bp was 110/57. He had no chest pains at all. Just a jaw pain. I took him to ER. His heart doc.. Flat told him no more chemo at all. It is doing to much damage to his heart. So he is foresure off all treatments. Blood labs are looking great for the most part, at the moment.. Heart Doc. told Randy he has perhaps about 6 months.. I looked him right in the eye.. (not easy for be being only 4' 11" tall LOL ) anyhow. I told him his name is not DR. God, so there fore he can't give a time frame.. Not with all the odds that Randy has beat so far..
My concern right now is his loss of appitite.. He is eating very little.. I make all his favorit foods. To encourage him.. I have bought Ensure and Ice Cream. To make him shakes..
I sent off an e-mail to MDS Foundation, Also Randys Hemotologist.. And several major medical training hospitals.
We always thought that the possable cause for Randy, getting MDS was, "benzene" threw his work.. I kept having a nagging thought pop into my head. As Randy was a welder for 37 yrs.. Researching via Cyber space.. I found something that blew my mind.. Randy has had numberious MRI's and CT scan with dye.. Benzene, is in the contrast dyes they use.. Here is a web site about contrast dyes. ( http://www.emedicine.com/radio/topic864.htm )
I contacted the hospitals hes had his testing done.. I told them of my findings.. They are going to look into things. I did suggest that they try and find something to use that does not have any benzene in it..
Randy has to have a Punch Biop done to see if there are any traces showing yet..
God if the contrast dyes are a possable link.. Than more people are at risk.
We have a disabled son that has to have MRI's and Heart caths done from time to time.. I refuse to let them use anymore dyes on him. His Neuro and Primary doctors have it in him records. SO they know not to ever order any test with contrast..
I don't know if this is a link to Randy's MDS. However if they are pumping such a dangerious chemical into peoples blood streams. And causing MDS or other blood disorders than it needs to stop..Changes for MRI's and CT's needs to be made ASAP..
God BLess Angels Keep..
Lillian