View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 27, 2008, 07:04 AM

New Pop Update

Pop went and received more platelets, and a unit of blood yesterday, 2/26/08.His count was lower than last weeks upon completion of Tuesdays blood test. His white count is also down, under 1.0. To get my thoughts on this, read the past inputs I have written.

Pop was real tired this past weekend. He is also swelling. His mid section is at 44 inches. He used to have a 36 waist. His copper color has subsided a bit, but with the fresh blood yesterday and today, he also gets a neuprogin today, his copper tint may return. I would only hope that the blood transfusions don't increase, because he can not handle the iron. It has been 4 weeks since blood, one week since platelets. One unit each week for the last 2 weeks. He, in the past, would give blood in a regular basis to keep the iron levels down.

Pop had his lobster tails this, last weekend. He was real happy. We figured he would need blood, because the syrup in his waffles on Saturday morning and the steak and lobster on Saturday night, mad him very dizzy.

He is getting a bit down, it has taken longer than he, and the doctor has predicted, and he is anxious. I wish I could help him, but I will just be there for him. Not really much more that can be done.

He goes to see Dr. Shay tomorrow. Will add to this post if anything changes.

Once again, Angie and I love every minute we can see him, and Belle, our daughter age 6, adores him. Pop gets a hoot out of Reagan, our son, 2 1/2. I just hope he remembers something of his rough and gruffy grandpa.

In closing, I fear his bone marrow has stopped producing to keep up with the deficit. I will continue to write, so we can keep a history of his progression. I hope this helps others. Please let me know.

Scott,
Son Of Bob
Scott, Son of BOB. My father, diagnosed 9/07 with "hypo-cellular acute bone marrow Leukemia" AA, AML & MDS. He was 77 years old 08/25/2008. He was being treated with Ara-C, blood and platelets w/needed. Stopped blood treatments 12/08/08 & passed 12/23/2008. Pop was the best father and friend.