View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 15, 2008, 03:33 PM

Pop Up Date 4/11/2008

Hello all,
Pop came down from his high about last Thursday. he slowly fell into his low over the weekend, and was really tired last night when i went to see him. This morning he got his blood test, his platelets dropped to 12, his hemoglobin to 7.7 and his white count is hanging at 1.2. I am glad for that, because his last transfusion gave him such a reaction, it had mom scared. I am afraid he may be rejecting the blood. if he gets a refill tomorrow, I'll keep you all posted.

Belle has been with pop this week due to spring break. They have been doing the 100 piece puzzles. It amazes him that she will put one together from the bottom up. Today they are starting a 350 piece. Pop is excited. They nap together, and Belle has remarked that she enjoys her naps with her Pop. I am glad the dad gets to spend time with her. Time that she will remember.

Don't feel real talkative now, but will write more when i have more info.

Thanks.

Scott
Son of Bob
Scott, Son of BOB. My father, diagnosed 9/07 with "hypo-cellular acute bone marrow Leukemia" AA, AML & MDS. He was 77 years old 08/25/2008. He was being treated with Ara-C, blood and platelets w/needed. Stopped blood treatments 12/08/08 & passed 12/23/2008. Pop was the best father and friend.