View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 17, 2008, 06:56 AM

Up Date 4/17/2008

Pop received his transfusions yesterday. 2 units of blood, one platelet and a neuprogin shot. The nurse had an issue with his veins. He has developed scare tissue from receiving the transfusion, that they are considering installing a port. I have seen them, but don't know much about them. I am sure the nurses will cover care with him and mom, but should there be any other things I should know.

On another note, his numbers did not come up quite as much as we had hoped, so I guess well see next Tuesday. He compares each transfusion with the last, and this did not have the "boost" the other had. He gets chemo, Procrit and the 2ND neuprogin today. He'll be out till Saturday, then we'll have an idea what to expect.

He is glad he'll be here for my wifes graduation. One of his goals. He is now setting another one. It is on the 1st of august. 56 years w/ mom. Wow. The joke is mom's a saint. Pop gives us a hardy, ha, ha. Good to know I can still mess with him. I do miss so much the times we worked together.

Scott

Son of Bob
Scott, Son of BOB. My father, diagnosed 9/07 with "hypo-cellular acute bone marrow Leukemia" AA, AML & MDS. He was 77 years old 08/25/2008. He was being treated with Ara-C, blood and platelets w/needed. Stopped blood treatments 12/08/08 & passed 12/23/2008. Pop was the best father and friend.