View Single Post
Old Thu Aug 19, 2010, 03:55 AM

MRI of brain and cervical spine

Hi,

Over the last couple of months I have developed an ataxia and bilateral leg weakness. I attended a neurologist who found I had abnormal reflexes in my arms and legs and sent me for an MRI brain and cervical spine. He told me the problem looked cerebellar.

I have been sent a copy of the report, but have not talked to the neuro about them yet.

Luckily the MRI brain not only found one but it was completely normal. The cervical spine on the other hand found central spinal cord stenosis at C5-6-7 with calcification/ossification of the posterior longitudinal ligament and disc bulges at the same levels.

There was also a comment that there was diffuse infiltration of the marrow at the the base of the skull and cervical verebrae.

I have 2 questions.

Has anybody ever undergone surgery while having MDS with severe red and white cell problems?

Any ideas on what the marrow infiltration might be?

I had my scheduled BMB today and should have had another RC transfusion but they couldn't find compatable blood at short notice due to antibodies so I'm having the transfusion on Saturday and start my next Vidaza cycle on Monday so I probably won't see the neuro doc again for a couple of weeks.

It's a waiting game for everything to do with MDS and now I have to wait for the neuro too. Frustrating.

I'm surprised they found a brain, when I'm really anaemic I'm sure it's missing.

Thanks in advance for any replies.
Xq19.36 mutation
Xq21.40. mutation
1p36. Mutation
15q11.2 deletion