View Single Post
Old Thu Aug 19, 2010, 06:45 PM

Thanks for the replies Marlene and Birgtta.

My BMB was done by my haematologist yesterday and I didn't have the MRI results at the time, they came later in the afternoon. I did tell him about my symptoms and about the neuros findings and he was concerned that I was having a Vidaza side effect. He explained that even though it wasn't listed as one of the possible side effects, that sometimes the drug company is still aware of other problems that have been reported but couldn't be proven to be associated with the drug. He said he was going to ring Celgene and talk with them. If this ataxia has been reported before he was going to stop the Vidaza.

If the problem turns out to be from my neck I don't see any option other than to have surgery. I have already fallen over once and am unsteady enough to have to use a walking stick. This problem only started in mid June and has progessed fast.

The marrow infiltration thing I will ask my haematologist about when I see him again next Thursday for the BMB results.

Vidaza still not working yet but there's still time (I hope)

Yesterdays results pre 4th cycle.

Hb 78
WCC 0.5
Neuts 0.1
Plats 90

Birgitta, I have been invited to a meeting of all my cousins next June in Stockholm. I would love to go and see some of them for the first time and have a reunion with those I have met before. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my counts improve so that I can travel. One of my cousins and her partner might be visiting us from Orebro later this year. I have not seen her since 1976. I'm already getting excited.

Hope you all stay well.

Chirley
Xq19.36 mutation
Xq21.40. mutation
1p36. Mutation
15q11.2 deletion