View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 7, 2015, 02:43 AM

Fasting to Promote Hematopoietic-Stem-Cell-Based Regenera

Hello. I got a copy of the paper from Cell. http://www.cell.com/cell-stem-cell/a...909(14)00151-9 Then two others on this same topic. Also, I have located 4 FDA Clinical Studies, but I found no useful results have been uploaded in any of these trials to the trial listing at clinicaltrials.gov.

I want to see what CBC changes happen during a fast and time to recovery post fast without the complications of chemotherapy. All these trials involve chemo causing immunosuppression. I want to have information that can help me confirm or change my personal protocol, which I outline below. As fasting should suppress white blood cell production, caution may be required during and maybe after fasting.

Is anyone else interested in trying this? If so we should talk. My individual case proves nothing. Why can't we crowdsource an informal clinical trial? There is, it seems, plenty of evidence fasting for more than 48 hours can work, but thus far, the data is about mice, not humans. However, it would be good to get more human. I have tried calling/emailing other researchers. I twice called then sent email to Dr. Longo, but he has not returned my calls - yet. I have been told by others that the information I seek is in his hands, but considered proprietary.

I am on cycle 2 of 72 to 96 hours water/black coffee only each three weeks. I got a CBC before starting, while not otherwise infected or ill so as to have a baseline. I plan the next CBC aftert cycle 4, then cycle 8. According to the recent blood test, my ANC is about 2.5% of normal, a record low in my case. If the endpoint counts of my suppressed cell type are at "critical" or above, I will consider this an effective therapy and would be glad to share here. My longest fast thus far is 83 hours. Day 3 seems easier than day 1 & 2. However, my protocol is based upon a clinical trial list, and reading the papers. According to what i read, Kcal<200/day, and a researcher told me that was an FDA requirement. Anyway, I am not on chemotherapy. So I am just making this up until someone with knowledge can help to form a better protocol.

I came to this forum looking for more knowledge. Those involved in the current and past clinical studies are unable to release any meaningful data. Maybe you know someone who can, and maybe you would like to try this and share results. If you are interested, be sure to include measurements.

BTW, I was given a diagnosis: MDS RAEB-1. I am netropenic. I spray myself with chlorhexidine solution upon occasion and use antibiotics, with an extended run to assure no resistant bugs survive, only when I feel it is absolutely needed. I won't give you my long lecture about the meaning of diagnosis unless asked.

Thank you for your attention.