View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 18, 2014, 10:12 AM

Unhappy Seeking help in Georgia

Hi, My son was diagnosed with Severe Aplastic Anemia 2 years ago and has had 2 bone marrow transplants since August of 2012, the most recent being on April 30th 2013. He received a wish from the make-a-wish foundation to meet his idol Derrick Rose from the Chicago Bulls on April 3-April 6 which was last weekend. We came back late Sunday evening of the 6th while we were in Chicago, my son had received back monies from Social Security and I proceeded to pay for March and April to get caught up the following Monday morning April 7th 2014 and was told that they could not accept rent monies from us any more because we were always late ever since my son relapsed last year. our only income is his social security which is $320 a month. my unemployment ended in july of last year as well as my child support because the father of both my kids had a head injury last year and has been in a rehab hospital in an infantile state. I was forced to resign in 2012 as a result of my son's illness. We live in Stockbridge, GA and our only car had died as a result of having to drive back and forth to the eglestons and the ronald mcdonald house where i had to physically stay at with my son during the early stages of transplant. I have been trying to find a place to stay but it has been hard as i have no transportation and i am limited to the other surrounding complexes around me.

A retired reporter that has a facebook page called the black files cartoon did an interview with my family to try and share our story. It has been posted on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OXFE...fi7cATnxzEVy8g

This is my son's facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/JohnJohnsJourney

Aside from going to the media outlets in my area, does anyone have any suggestions or resources that I have not thought of yet?

Thank you in advance and God bless you for whatever kind of help you can give us!!!!