View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 19, 2018, 01:34 AM

Air travel after transplant

Hello everyone,
I am in the midst of packing for a 10 hour transpacific flight Tokyo- San Francisco. I am doing the night flight.
I am bringing everything I need, basically everything on my bedside.

My main concern, For my ITCH: The airlines restrict cream, lotions and eyedrops to a minimum. It's the topical steroid cream I need with me. Is a pharmacist prescription enough to get about 100grams through legally? I cannot imagine itching through 10 hours and more.

Next concern, Meds: my trip is 2 weeks, I have enough for 3 weeks, but what if something unexpected happens and I am stuck with not enough prednisone steroids/cyclosporine to cover me before I get back to my doctor. Contact the nearest hematologist for a prescription based on my existing one?

I tried to get travel insurance but there were no takers. The fine print stated very clearly they would not sell to consumers of the drug prednisone !

Besides that, this trip is much needed in terms of a psychological recovery.
Any other ideas, any last minute suggestions on what to bring? I still have lots of room left in my suitcase.

Meri