View Single Post
Old Thu May 24, 2012, 08:45 PM

Does dramatic weight loss go along with MDS?

Hello All;
Just wondering - does dramatic weight loss always accompany MDS - or is this indicative of someone with excessive blasts? Earl has lost 100 pounds - without trying - in less than a year. Not that he couldn't afford to lose the weight - just that the appetite is poor, and he is weak more times than not.
I know I will never have the same ET back that I used to have - though my heart certainly wishes it were so. It seems to me like he is slipping away right in front of me - and I can't do a thing. He takes viamins and some supplements, but he has gone down 5 pant sizes and 2 shirt sizes. Sometimes when I look at him - I just break down and cry - knowing that what is ahead is not pleasant.
Hope everyone else is doing better, and that you have a Wonderful Memorial Day Holiday. God Bless our Service men and women - and thank those present and past for our freedom - including my wonderful husband who is a Viet Nam Vet.
Beth