Thread: New: Dad has AA
View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 2, 2006, 08:05 PM

Exclamation My Dad's Count Are Horrible!

Thanks to all of you who have replied to me so far. This is such a nerve racking time for my family. I thought that dealing with my daughter's liver disease was hard.

My Dad is still in the hospital and is receiving his cocktail of meds. Right now they are giving him Lymphocyte Anti Thymo immun Glob 3.6 mg with Sodium Chloride 1 ML drip a 1000 volume drip over 4 to 6 hours (he calls this his horse syrup), he is getting 45o MG of ATG and approximately 250mg of cyclosporine. Oh he is also on vancomycin. He has been on this cocktail for a little over 24 hours. His labs look horrible!

Here are his labs:

WBC 0.4
RBC 2.40
HGB 7.4
HCT 20.9
Platelet 2,000
Lymphocyte 88.0
CO2 18
BUN 32
Glucose 137
GOT 6
SGPT 29
Calcuim 6.4
Magnesium 1.3
Protein 4.6
Albumin 2.2

These are all of his abnormal labs. His platelets are extremely low as is he WBC. WE don't know what do, where to turn, what questions to ask. We are doing some direct donations of blood (0+), the entire family has the same blood type. We are starting that blood drive on Monday.

What I need is help. Help with what questions to ask. Is my Dad getting the right types of meds with the correct dosages? What else can my family do. We are told he is not a candidate for a marrow transplant because of his age. WE want to move him to a better hospital but he is so weak, and where to do we move him. He lives in Alabama, our family is in Alabama and Florida. We could use some serious help!

Please email me at laurie@cfl.rr.com. Or call me I need to know something do something...I will give you my number when I receive your email. Just put in "Marrow" in the subject line of the email.

I started a caringbridge page for my dad you can view it here:

Roy's Page

Thanks in advance for your help.

Laurie