View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 20, 2009, 08:02 AM

Not happy today

Thanks Brigitta for the links hopefully it's only something to do with the decease or meds.

I am not happy today because Nellie ended up in the hospital yesterday for testing. We had a nasty episode begining Sunday evening. Her temp shot up to 103. The highest it had gotten prior was to 101.7. Called the on-call doctor at the clinic we go to and he recommended Tylanol 500, two capsules every six hours. The fever dropped to 98.9 within one hour. But by the time she went to bed, the fever climb to 101 again. Took two more caps and seemed to be improving again. However, at around 3:00 am I senced her squarming around and mouning. I thought it was the fever again. But her skin was cold to the touch. About 7am I get a call from Dr Morris, her hemo/onc. He wants me to bring her in right away so we begin to get ready. Then it hits me, CHECK HER SUGAR. Well, it was 42. Now I should have suspected that all along, since I deal with my own diabetes on a constant basis. Gave her two glucose tabs and in 20 minutes she was feeling almost normal. She was admitted to the hospital by 11am after she was treated (labs & antifiotics) at the doctors office.

Her counts had not changed much from the last.

It's 7:30 am and I just got a call from Nellie. She said they found a touch of pnumonia and that all her counts dropped some. Hbl down to 8.2. Going to see her soon will provide more later. Please keep her in your prayers.

Eli
Eli, husband of Nellie (64), dx 3/08 MDS RAEB-1 w/abs, 2nd BMB 9/08 after 4 cyls blast dn to .5, Vidaza reduced 50% on 11/19 after sudden drop in CBC, 8th cycle completed 12/26/08. BMB 2/09 blast 17%. Seven day Induction Therapy completed 3/23/09, Started Salvage Therapy 5/5/09. Stopped 5/8/09.